The Indianapolis Chapter of the American Red Cross formed on July 19, 1916 with William Fortune as president, Rev. Francis H. Gavisk as vice-president, John H. Holliday as treasurer, and Guernsey Van Riper as secretary. For over 100 years, this agency has focused on three main areas of assistance: disaster relief, health services, and military support. The Indianapolis Chapter also provided assistance to Indianapolis Service Men's Centers Inc., an organization that provided a "home away from home" for people in military service from WWII into the 1960s. This digital collection includes photographs from the Indianapolis Chapter's work with the Service Men's Centers.