Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church was established in Indianapolis in 1836. As it began to grow it was known as the Indianapolis Station of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Bethel's church building at 414 West Vermont Street was built in 1869 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. The church has been traditionally known for its outreach from hosting the nineteenth-century black state conventions to its social programs including an adult day-care, well-baby clinic, and a credit union during the twentieth century. This collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, and manuscript materials from the church. This digital collection was created through an LSTA 2016 Digitization Grant "Bethel A.M.E. Church: Capturing the History of Indianapolis' Oldest African American Church." The digital partnership was a collaboration between IHS, IUPUI University Library (www.ulib.iupui.edu/digitalscholarship), and Bethel A.M.E. Church.