Search results for
Refine your search
Format of Original
Photographic Print, Co...
Russell Wilhoit, Decat...
Vadas, Edward J
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Carroll County Courthouse, 1874
Courthouses; Towers; Government facilities; Carroll County (Ind.)
Carroll County has had three courthouses, all at the same location. This 1856 brick structure, designed by M.J. McBride of Logansport, replaced the 1831-1838 courthouse. The bell from the first courthouse...
Randolph County Courthouse
Courthouses; Randolph County (Ind.); Winchester (Ind.); Spring
The amazing structure built in 1876 was the inspiration for the infamous “Courthouse Girls,” and crowns the popular gathering place of Winchester’s historic square. Marble tile floors line the interior...
American War Mothers of World War I at the Old Courthouse, Petersburg, Indiana
Pike County (Ind.); American War Mothers; World War, 1914-1918; Women; Courthouses; Flags; American War Mothers. Indiana Chapter
Hoosier Alice Moore French founded both the state and national division of the American War Mothers in 1917 for mothers of men in the service. The Indiana Chapter was organized first and incorporated in...
White County Building, Monticello, Indiana
White County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The first White County courthouse was constructed in 1837. The county’s predominant courthouse was constructed in 1895 but destroyed by a tornado in 1974. It was succeeded by the present day White County...
Vermillion County Courthouse, Newport, Indiana
Vermillion County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The first courthouse was built in 1824 and was followed by three more within the next 50 years. The 1866 structure was replaced by the present facility in 1925. John F. Bayard of Vincennes was the architect...
Lawrence County Courthouse at Bedford, Indiana
Lawrence County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities; Monuments and Memorials; Statues
Following earlier log or frame structures the first substantial county courthouse was completed in 1872. The current courthouse, erected in 1930, is a Neoclassical-style limestone structure designed by...
Former Scott County Courthouse in Lexington, Indiana
Scott County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
Lexington was the first county seat of Scott County. In 1821, a two-story brick courthouse was built, costing $4,500. When the county seat moved to Scottsburg in 1874 the courthouse became a school. It...
Sullivan County Court House, Sullivan, Indiana
Sullivan County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The Sullivan County Courthouse, built in 1926, is the third one in Sullivan since the town became the county seat in 1842. The first county seat was located at Carlisle from 1817-1819; the second was in...
View of the City–County Building for New Albany, Floyd County, Indiana
Floyd County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The City-County Building in Floyd County was constructed in 1959-1961. The government complex was Indiana’s first city-county building. Four Corinthian columns from the 1867 courthouse were saved, and...
Corydon Capitol State Historic Site
Harrison County (Ind.); Courthouses; Summer; Cupolas
The Corydon Capitol State Historic Site commemorates the history of Indiana's first state capitol and development of Indiana from the territorial period through statehood. This square, federal style limestone...
Johnson County Courthouse, Franklin, Indiana
Johnson County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The present courthouse was designed by George W. Buenting and completed in 1882. It is the fifth county courthouse, two earlier ones having been destroyed by fire. The first courthouse was a log structure...
Decatur County Courthouse
Decatur County (Ind.); Courthouses; Trees
Famous for a live tree growing in its tower, this landmark is a source of community pride. The first tree on the tower was not discovered until the early 1870’s. At one time there were 8 trees located...
Carroll County Courthouse at Delphi, Indiana
Carroll County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The Carroll County seat is at Delphi, Indiana. It was named Carrollton when first founded in 1828 but after nine days the name was changed to Delphi in honor of the ancient Greek city. The current courthouse...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^