Search results for
Refine your search
Format of Original
Real Photo Postcard
Newton County (Ind)
High School Buildings
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
West Newton High School, West Newton, Indiana
Marion County (Ind.); High school buildings; High schools; Schools; Playgrounds
Quakers settled in the area of West Newton as early as 1819, but the town was not platted until 1851. It was first called Easton and then Newton, before it was renamed West Newton by the postmaster to...
High School, Morocco, Indiana
Newton County (Ind.); High school buildings; High schools
Morocco was laid out in 1851 before Newton formed as a county. Morocco High School is pictured here. The high school was replaced by the consolidated North Newton Jr. Sr. High School in 1967.
A View On Newton Street in Goodland, Indiana
Newton County (Ind.); Business districts; Storefronts; Carriages & coaches; Dirt roads
Established in 1861 by brothers, Timothy and William Foster, Goodland was named for the surrounding fertile prairie. Farming and the grain trade have been the mainstay of the town since its beginning.
The New Court House, Kentland, Indiana
Newton County (Ind.); Courthouses; Government facilities
The Newton County Courthouse, a Neoclassical-style buff brick and limestone structure, was completed in 1906 at a cost of $30,525. Joseph T. Hutton of Hammond, Indiana, was the architect, and Eric Lund...
New Court House, Kentland, Indiana
Courthouses; Government facilities
View of the county courthouse in Kentland, Indiana. The Neoclassical building is made of limestone and brick.
Public School, Goodland, Indiana
Schools; Children; School children; Public schools
Children pose in front of the public school in Goodland, Indiana. The school is two-stories high and has some decorative work along the roof.
C. & E. I. Depot, Morocco, Indiana
Railroad stations; Railroad tracks
View of a small train station in Morocco, Indiana. Two sets of railroad tracks run alongside the depot.
Business Street, Goodland, Indiana
Business districts; Automobiles; Streets; Stores & shops
Cars are parked at the curb along this street in Goodland, Indiana. Several stores and businesses line the road including the Travelers Inn and Herald Office.
E. E. Bogan Company, Goodland, Indiana
Agricultural industries; Farm produce; Street lights
The E. E. Bogan Company building is shown and advertises "Poultry, Butter, Eggs, Wool, Junk" along one side of the building. A streetlight is suspended over the intersection.
Ira E. McCartney and Arthur Jordan Businesses, Bloomington
In 1876 Jordan bought a small butter and egg company and soon added other poultry products. He expanded his market by packing perishable goods in ice, and then introduced mechanical refrigeration to open...
North Main Street, Hope, Indiana
Bartholomew County (Ind.); Residential streets; Dirt roads; Carriages & coaches; Automobiles
The town of Hope, founded by a young Moravian minister named Martin Hauser in 1830, lies in the northeastern part of the county. Originally called Goshen, the name was changed in 1834 after an earlier...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^